Plavix Uasge Instructions
Patients must consume the drug exactly in the manner as prescribed by their doctor. One should never increase or decrease the dosage on their own and must strictly follow the doctor's recommendation. The following usage instructions must be strictly followed in order to avoid any further complications:
- The patients should not stop the intake of the drug without consulting the doctor. Plavix is recommended to be taken regularly to obtain the best result. Patients are advised to refill their prescription before completely running out of the medicine.
- The patients must regularly visit the doctor to get their blood test done. This will ensure that the drug is not causing any harmful effect.
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate can be taken with or without food.
- The drug should be consumed with a glass full of water.
Plavix dosages differ for every individual depending upon their medical condition and the problem for which they are advised Plavix.
- The recommended daily dose of Clopidogrel Bisulfate for the peripheral arterial disease patients is 75 mg of tablet taken once in a day.
- Patients having acute coronary syndrome are recommended to start the drug with single 300 mg dose. Then they can continue with 75 mg of tablet taken once in a day along with 75-100 mg of aspirin.
- Cardioembolic stroke patients are recommended 75mg of Plavix tablet once in a day.
Patients recommended with Plavix must keep few aspects in mind to have best effect of this medication. This drug must be taken at the same time every day to maintain an even level of Clopidogrel Bisulfate in the body.
Missed Dose and Overdose of Plavix
If one has missed the dose of Clopidogrel Bisulfate then one should take it as soon as they remember. If it is almost the time for next dose, then one should skip the missed dose and resume with the normal dose.
Patients are strictly advised to follow the prescribed dosage. If due to any reason a patient has taken the overdose of Clopidogrel Bisulfate, then the patient should be immediately provided with medical attention. One can even call the local poison help line. Symptoms of overdose include shortness in breath, feeling exhausted, vomiting and blood in vomit or stools.
Plavix must be ideally stored at room temperature of 25 degree C (77 degree F) and must be protected from direct sunlight and moisture to maintain its efficacy till the very end. The medication must also be kept out of reach of the children and pets. The expired Clopidogrel Bisulfate must be safely disposed.