Side Effects of Plavix
Side effects associated with the drug can harm individuals in different manner. Thus, it is essential for the individuals to be aware of all the possible side effects associated with the drug before administering.
Some of the severe side effects associated with Clopidogrel Bisulfate include:
- Abdominal pain
- Red or black stool
- Bleeding in nose, stomach or bowels
- Vomit blood
Patients experiencing any of the aforementioned side effects should immediately consult the doctor.
Common Side-Effects of Plavix
Individuals administering Plavix may experience some side-effects associated with the drug. Some of the common side-effects of Clopidogrel Bisulfate include:
- Skin Allergy
- Low blood pressure
- Heavy feeling
If any of these side-effects persists, then one must immediately seek medical attention. The health-care professional can guide patients with the most viable ways to prevent or reduce these side effects.
It is important for the patients to know about all the medications that should be avoided while taking Plavix. This drug should be strictly avoided in combination with the following medications:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen, naproxen and diclofenac
- Oral anticoagulants like warfarin
- Medicine like alteplase and streptokinase that break down blood clots
- SSRI antidepressants such as fluoxetine and paroxetine
The above mentioned drugs may deter the Clopidogrel Bisulfate performance and reduce its effectiveness in the treatment of blood clotting problem. Thus, patients are expected to inform doctor about each and every medication taken by them.
Patients taking Plavix must be aware of the fact that this drug can leads to a blood clotting problem called Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Pirpura or TTP, whereby blood clots are formed in blood vessels anywhere in the body. Plavix should also be avoided in the following cases:
- If a patient has to undergo any surgery.
- Pregnant women or the women who are planning to conceive.
- Nursing mothers.
- One undergoing dental surgery
- Patients suffering from peptic ulcer
- Having hereditary problem such as galactose intolerance
- Patients with decreased liver function