Side Effects of Tricor
Like other medications, side effects are common with Tricor. Common side effects associated with Tricor usually do not require any medical attention. These side effects go away after the body gets adjusted to the drug. Some of the common side effects that can occur with Tricor include:
Fenofibrate Severe Side Effects
There are very rare chances of experiencing severe side effects while taking Fenofibrate. Severe side effects associated with the drug include:
- Allergic reactions like itching, rash, hives or swelling in face or lips
- Muscle pain
- Stomach pain
- Lower back or side pain
- Skin bruising
- Fast heart rate
In case a severe side effect is experienced by a patient it is important to seek medical attention immediately.
Tricor Drug Interactions
In clinical studies, it has been shown that if Fenofibrate is taken along with certain medications it can cause further health complications. Thus, patients are advised to disclose the medications they are already taking with their doctor or pharmacist to make sure their current medications do not interact with Tricor.
Fenofibrate should not be taken with the following medications:
- Other cholesterol lowering drugs like atorvastatin, cerivastatin, fluvastatin, lovastatin, pravastatin, or simvastatin.
Tricor should be not recommended to the patients suffering from:
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Gall-bladder disease
Fenofibrate Warnings and Precautions
It is important for the patients to take this drug under the observation of their doctor. Patients should regularly visit the doctor to ensure that the medication is working properly. There are certain warnings and precautions associated with the drug that need to be explained to the patients. This will allow them to safely and effectively use the drug. Following warnings must be kept in mind by the patients while taking Tricor:
- Patients must immediately report to their doctor any signs of muscle pain, tenderness, or soreness.
- If people suffer from diarrhea, dark color urine or fever while taking this drug, they must immediately stop the drug and consult the doctor.
- There can be increased risk of gallstones and pancreatitis while using Fenofibrate.
- Severe skin reactions can also occur while using this drug.
- Alcohol should be avoided while using Tricor.